Latest group of 15 companies selected for prestigious program to learn from Alberta’s top technology leaders
Calgary, Canada – AccelerateAB is pleased to announce the 15 companies selected to participate in this year’s Roundtables Session. The chosen startups will take part in a half day mentorship session from Alberta’s top technology leaders and will participate in a pitch competition at the conference.
“This year’s Roundtables companies are all doing exciting work in their sectors,” says Cynthia van Sundert, Executive Director of The A100 and the organizing group behind AccelerateAB. “We want to make sure these startups are poised to take full advantage of the opportunities available to them so they can continue to help bring more diversity to the provincial economy. The Roundtables program, now in its seventh year, is a key cornerstone of the AccelerateAB program and has helped mentor some excellent past participants including Innovative Trauma Care, Live Out There, Poppy Barley, SAMdesk, and TikTiks.”
The 15 startups selected for the 2017 Roundtables Sessions are (in alphabetical order):
- Addos Technologies: an industrial system integration and software company with a distributed condition monitoring tool.
- Advertiise: an advertising marketplace connecting and expanding the advertising community.
- Gifty: a program that lets you create value with things from the web or local shops and transfer it within seconds using SMS.
- Interface Fluidics Limited: an engineering laboratory commercializing a new technology platform to help energy companies produce more oil and reduce environmental impacts.
- IR Optimizer: a data analytics provider for investor relations.
- iSmartWays Technology Inc.: a transportation big data service provider working to help build Smart Cities.
- Kinetisense: a developer of motion capture software for the rehabilitation, fitness, dental, and life science industries.
- Leara eLearning Inc.: the provider of Respond5 - a multi-award-winning, mobile-friendly SaaS eLearning authoring tool.
- Nobal Technologies Inc.: a software company that developed the iMirror, an interactive touch display mirror that allows users to access digital content and real time analytics.
- RallyEngine: a powerful, nimble platform for alerting groups, rallying teams, and informing communities.
- SensorUp Inc.: an open standard IoT cloud platform for connected devices.
- SpikeBee Inc.: a marketplace for parents to find and book kids camps, classes, and activities.
- Terrapin Geothermics Inc.: waste heat technology that is unlocking a new source of clean power by converting low grade thermal energy into electricity.
- Virtuo Inc.: a real estate app and service that advocates and manages the entire life cycle of person's sell/buy/move/settle journey for free.
- Vivametrica Ltd.: an API and SaaS product that collects personalized data analytics for insurance underwriting and wellness providers.
The AccelerateAB Roundtables Session matches high-potential startups in Alberta with mentors from The A100 membership and other industry experts. The Roundtables Session provides high quality advice and coaching from people who have built, grown, and exited technology startups.
AccelerateAB creates collisions between local startups, key mentors, investors, and partners across the province. The conference takes place on April 19th, 2017 in Calgary at the BMO Centre, Stampede Park.
For tickets to the conference, and more information about AccelerateAB, please visit www.AccelerateAB.com.
Cynthia van Sundert Meghan Somers
Executive Director, The A100 meghan at theagencyinc dot ca
cynthia at thea100 dot org +1 587 899 0615
+1 403 690 9339
AccelerateAB is the province’s annual flagship technology event that brings together key leaders, investors, influencers and supporters of Alberta’s fast-growing startup community, with the goal of leveraging the success of the next generation of technology entrepreneurs across the province. Backed by some of the most high-profile and successful leaders in the industry and spearheaded by The A100, AccelerateAB is one of the best connected events in the province.
www.AccelerateAB.com | @AccelerateAB